Have you ever tried covering your storage containers in fabric?

Ok, so I couldn't wait to show you what I did with the beautiful fabric from my fabric haul last weekend... I decided to decorate one of my bead boxes that earlier looked pretty boring and plain. Here's what the AFTER looks like!



And now let me show you the BEFORE.. (Did I tell you how much I love before-afters?!) Actually, this box once contained my son's fork lift remote control kit and I was just reusing it to store some of my beads... 


 
I decided to use two pieces of contrasting fabric to cover my box. Half would be green (with black spirals) and the other half would be black (with white polka dots). I used Tombow's Pit Hi-Power Adhesive glue stick for most of my sticking. It works just great with fabric!
    

So here is what I did..

First I cut out my 2 pieces of cloth and stuck them half-n-half on the cover of my box. I did not worry too much about straightness of the edges because I was planning to hide them with a neat trick.

 
Next, I found 2 different types of lace - one frilly white and one black (with sequins) and stuck them one on top of the other, exactly where the join of the two fabrics was.

I then used two brads to secure a label holder on one side of the box. I used my Brother P-Touch label maker to type out my label and stick it first to a small piece of fabric left over from the other half and then slid it into the label holder. 

Look! I am done.... 


This is what my box looks like from the top. I love it and hope you enjoyed my project as much as I did!

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you like what I share, don't forget to Subscribe to this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment